Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu Planning

I've been working really hard to create healthy menus for my family and to organize them to make the whole planning meals process quick and easy.

So now that I've put all on my menu ideas together I'll need a place to store them. I used a template for library pockets and made one slot to hold menus for each weekday (plus one extra).  I'm almost done making it so you'll have to check back soon to see the pictures of my finished project.

Want a sneak peak? I used this paper packet: Cherry-O 
I thought it was appropriate for a kitchen.

Check back soon! And then let me know what you think of my final project.

**Traci**

3 comments:

  1. Since I started menu planning, dinner is so much easier! The one benefit that I didn't expect was that the girls complain less about what's for dinner. They can see what's coming and I guess get their taste buds ready or something.

    I have a dry erase board on my freezer that I divided into 6 sections, and that's where I write our dinners. (Yes, I know that are 7 days but this works for us. I have day magnets, whic hare easy to switch around if the plan changes a bit.)

    Good luck w/your planning! I hope it works well for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Haley! I just finished my menu holder - I had to make 8 pockets (8 days a week, right?) I just didn't want it to be uneven. But I am pretending the extra pocket is to put the menus in after we've used them. It makes me feel good. Dinner are the hardest to plan, don't you think? We have the same breakfast every day - fruit shake. :-) Anyway, I'll put up a picture when I get one uploaded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I can't wait to see what you come up with. I have been doing meal planning for a few years now. I started when I began staying home with the kids and found it so much easier to budget when you knew what you were having...this way I can not only stay on budget but eat healthy because I am not opting for the easy (insert take out) option....I already know what I need and have.

    I just do mine on a Word template...but would love to doctor it up.

    ReplyDelete