Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Heart to Heart Challenge - Embossing - Green Christmas Tree, Little Baby

The Heart2Heart Challenge for this week is embossing.

I made a green, embossed, Christmas tree card.  Click on the pictures to see more detail.

I used Cranberry brads and cranberry grosgrain ribbon to embellish my trees.  I used the Holiday Warmth stamp set for the tree and Say it in Style for the text: "Peace on Earth."

(BTW - I think Say it in Style is one of the most versatile stamp sets!!  You can use it for ANYTHING!)

I used these cards as Christmas gifts last year.  I included a DVD with a Christmas song I had written and stuck the whole thing in a DVD envelope.


The song is called "Little Baby" and after I wrote it, I was asked if it could be used in a magazine for my church.  (The Church of Jesus Christ of  latter-day Saints)  Of course I said "Yes!"  They used my song in the magazine for youth (called the New Era) in December 2008 and for a Christmas video.  You can watch it below.

And if you would like a copy, you can print the sheet music here.

I hope you like it.




3 comments:

  1. Wow, Traci, you've been busy! Wonderful cards, so festively colorful and great use of the embossing technique! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the window in the CD envelope for the card to peek through. What a fabulous idea! I have no musical talent, but I'm thinking a Christmas mixed CD included with a card would be a great gift. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, I love the green embossing on the white. Thanks for playing along with H2H.

    ReplyDelete