Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2009

Grab your STAPLER

I had a friend over to make cards and I was rememinded how fun USING STAPLES as an embellishment can be.

There are a few things that make staples unique:


1. They can be used to attach something directly to your card or scrapbook page layout.
2. They are easy to find, most of you reading this probably own a stapler.
3. They add an unexpected element to what ever you are creating. You just don't "expect" to see a staples - I like those kind of little surprises.
4. Metal is a fun look, you see all sorts of metal embellishments on scrapbook pages right now (IE. brads, eyelets, etc.) and even if you don't have those things, you can still GRAB YOUR STAPLER and JUMP RIGHT IN.

5. Easy to use! Just whack your stapler a time or two and you are done. Whew!

Here's a picture of two cards I used staples on, but it would be really easy to adapt this idea to your scrapbook page layouts. Generally, I like to use odd numbers when I am adding things to a card or layout, so you will see that the one on the left has three staples and the one on the right has more 2 groups of 3 staples (does that still sound like I am using an odd number?) I prefer the one on the right. And by the way, I didn't glue down the "love" accent I ONLY used staples to attach it.




Staple away!

No comments:

Post a Comment